About Your Food and Beverage Business
If you are a restaurant or serve other food and/or drinks, whether it's a sit down experience or grab'n'go.
Read the questions below and answer via the interactive video or email us your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a unique discovery process to better understand you and your restaurant. Our intention is so that we can better write the story. Please know that none of this content will be used for direct production, and you will have an opportunity to proof everything before it is shared publicly.
- What is your name?
- What is the name of your restaurant?
- Tell me about how you got started in the restaurant industry. What got you into it?
- Describe the diners’ experience. What are they smelling, seeing, and eating? Why does a diner choose you for dinner on Thursday night?
- Describe your restaurant in a nutshell.
- What type of cuisine does your restaurant specialize in?
- What is your restaurant best known for? What does the diner have to eat? Describe it.
- Does your restaurant offer any services outside of its primary location? Such as catering or serving/hosting events?
- Do you source any produce or other ingredients from local suppliers? What extra mile does your restaurant go in order to produce the best quality food/drink?
- Describe your average diner to me. How old are they? What does their family look like? Where are they from? Is there a difference between the Wednesday lunch crowd and those coming in for dinner on a Saturday night?
- Is there a kid’s menu? Anything unique or noteworthy? What about dessert?
- What does the ownership of your business look like? Is there a sole proprietor? Business partners?
- Is there anything else about the ownership of your business? Such as being woman owned, minority owned, or veteran owned?
- Tell me about your team. Describe the team and the service they bring to diners. What are your restaurant’s core values?
Do you have a special story about your restaurant? Tell us about a time when your business changed a diner’s life or day in a positive way.
- Is there anything else special about your business that you would want a potential customer to know?
From the entire team at Keep it Cincy, thank you for your time in answering these questions. We cannot wait to visit and tell your restaurant’s story.